- Passion fruit pulp5 CupsThe passion fruit pulp is the edible part of the passion fruit after breaking it open.
- Sugar5 CupsYou can use the normal sugar that is available from the shop
How to prepare home made passion fruit syrup that can last up to one month with only sugar. You will just love this. Its easy and simple to follow.
- Extract the passion fruit pulp and place it in an aluminium metal, sufuria.
- Add one cup of sugar in the sufuria.
- Heat as you stir the mixture continuously till its just about to boil. You will notice a dark thick syrup forming at the bottom of the sufuria. [DO NOT ADD WATER]
- Sieve the mixture in order to separate the seeds from the syrup.
- After sieving add 2 cups of cold water to the extracts, they still contain a lot of the syrup, and mix them thoroughly then sieve again. [This juice should be ready to drink.]
- The syrup is thick and can last for about one month. To drink it let it cool down and add water on a ration of 1:4 or as desired. This is affordable especially when the passion fruit is in season and abundant in the market. Do share with us how you find the juice.
- Basically you add one portion of the pulp (the extract from the passion fruit) to one portion of sugar and the 5 cups used above is for demonstration purpose.