- flour4 Cups
- sugar1 Cups
- salt1 Teaspoons
- butter1 Cups
- chilled water5 Tablespoons
- apples, strawberries, blueberries,plums,grapes2 Cups
- cinnamon1 Teaspoons
- mixed spice1 Teaspoons
- cornstarch3 Tablespoons
- first and foremost make sure all your ingredients are chilled in the fridge.
- add the flour butter and salt in to a bowl.
- use a fork to break in the butter in to the flour while adding a spoon of cold water at a time.
- work the dough with your hands gently for a very short time then wrap it up in two pieces one big one small and place it in the fridge for an hour.
- look for a pie dish or any other dip oven dish you may have ( i used a glass casserole dish that i stole from my mums house =) and grease it.
- take your bigger piece of dough spread it out and cover the greased dish with it gently, cut out the excess over the edges leaving 1 inch allowance and finally serrate the edges.
- use a fork to poke little holes on the dough and put it in the oven at 200 degrees for 15min.
- after 15 min take it out and refrigerate.
- now take a bowl add the fruits in (chop up the big ones to be 1cubic cm.)
- add your remaining ingredients ( cinnamon, sugar, mixedspice, cornstarch )
- great your lemon to extract the Zest ( add it in) then squeeze the juice of the lemon into the mixture and gently stir not to damage the fruits.
- take the small dough out of the fridge , roll it out and cut it in to long strips about 1/3 inches wide and the length of your bowl +1 inch
- put the mixture in the the pie crust the place the strips on top in a checkered manner . press the edges to tighten.
- beat the egg in a cup and brush over the pie.
- bake for 30 min at 200 degrees
- remove chill and enjoy
*serve with a side of wiped cream or plain vanilla ice cream….