- Unsalted Butter1 Tablespoons
- Garlic2finely minced
- Lemon1cut in half
- Garlic1cut in half
- Rosemary1 Tablespoons
- Salt and Pepper
Delight yourself and/or your family with this easy full baked chicken recipe and bake juicy, tender chicken with a tasty seasoned coating
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a large roasting dish and add the potatoes, whole garlic cloves, rosemary, salt and pepper and drizzle a bit more olive oil, toss everything together and push this mixture to the sides of the pan leaving an opening in the center for the chicken.
- Arrange your onion slices in the middle opening of the roasting dish in one layer and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, fresh chopped rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper. Place ¾ of this mixture under the skin of the chicken right between the breast and skin and massage it to smear under it as evenly as possible. Place the remaining mixture on top of the chicken smearing it evenly as well. Stuff the inside cavity of the chicken with your whole lemon, the whole clove of garlic and few sprigs of rosemary and tie the legs together.
- Place the chicken in the roasting dish on top of the slices of onion, tuck the wings under and sprinkle some salt and pepper evenly over the top.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. Remove it from the oven and cover it with some aluminum foil for about 15 minutes before carving.