- butter25 Grams
- Flour2 Tablespoons
- MIlk (full fat)200 Milliliters
- Spinach400 Grams
- Single Cream100 Milliliters
- Fresh Nutmegfor grating
Spinach is well known for its nutritional qualities and has always been regarded as a plant with remarkable abilities to restore energy, increase vitality and improve the quality of the blood. Below is an easy to follow creamed spinach recipe that is not only delicious but also gives you all the health benefits advantage.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, then add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 mins, then slowly start to whisk in the milk. When it has all been incorporated, gently cook for 5 mins until the sauce has thickened
- Meanwhile, place the spinach in a large colander. Pour over a kettle full of boiling water until the leaves have wilted (you may have to do this twice).
- Place the spinach in a clean dishcloth, squeeze out any excess liquid, then roughly chop. Stir into the sauce with the cream, gently heat, then finely grate over some nutmeg and season well.